When it comes to choosing what freight management software is best for your brokerage, there are many important things to keep in mind. Now, there are a plethora of options available for you to choose from, but what should you be looking for? Here’s our list of the top 5 must-haves.
- Freight visibility – Freight visibility gives you the ability to track all of your shipments in real time. By using GPS enabled devices you can track shipment location, ETA, recommended route and more. It is an essential component of any freight broker software.
- Automation – One of the main reasons to have a digital freight tracking solution is to be able to automate certain tasks with it. These tasks include alerts when a shipment has left the warehouse or arrived at its destination. By having these tasks automated you can increase your overall productivity.
- Data Consolidation & Reporting – This is an important one. A broker’s software must make data access and readability easy. Make sure that the software you choose consolidates your shipment reports and makes data access easy from one central hub.
- Integration – Another integral feature for any shipment software is to make sure that it integrates easily into existing transport management software. Your shipment data should be easily accessible and shouldn’t require an additional data hub for you to login to.
- Manual Push Updates – Having automated tasks is an optimal feature, but you also want to make sure that you can access data at any time manually. That is the purpose of having real-time freight visibility. Therefore, if your software isn’t allowing you to manually request data at specific times, you should be looking for a new freight management software.